Looking for an easy french toast recipe? Look no further! This recipe is so simple, anyone can make this!
Breakfast is literally becoming one of my favorite meals. We have even started eating breakfast for dinner each week. It is something the kids and I really look forward to.
I made french toast for the first time in a long time about a month ago. I tried a random recipe I found online and it was an epic fail.
There was barely any flavor and no one could enjoy it.
So I went to work on perfecting my own spin of french toast. I added an extra ingredient and found the best bread for french toast.
How to Make It
I made this in my cast iron skillet, like always. I think cast iron cooking is my favorite way to cook now. It brings all these flavors together than other pans just don’t do.
Because I am dairy-free, I made this with almond milk and vegan butter and it still tasted amazing! But you can use whatever milk and butter you have.
I think that what makes french toast is the cinnamon and sugar. I even added a secret ingredient most people don’t use. But I think it hightens the flavors!
After mixing everything together, you are basically going to give your bread a soak and then add it to your hot skillet to cook!
Cook each slice for 3 to 4 minutes on each side and boom! You’ve got some good tasting french toast.
Be sure to let me know if you make this. Tag me on Instagram, too! I want to see you make this!
Easy French Toast
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon or whisk
- 4 slices sourdough bread or bread of your choice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2-3 large eggs
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Start by mixing milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Butter both sides of the sourdough bread and place in the milk and egg mixture.
- Turn your skillet on medium heat while bread is soaking the mixture. When your skillet is ready, add butter to the skillet.
- Add your bread into the skillet. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown with crispy edges.
- Serve with powdered sugar and syrup (or any toppings of your choice. Enjoy!